Any 330 owners with cockpit storage cover

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I am moving my 330 from indoor rack storage to a wet slip and was thinking about a cover to keep the direct sun and debris out of the cockpit.

I’ve seen some boats with basically a diagonal cover, without sides, going from back of hardtop to the transom. Was wondering if anyone has something like that on a 330 and how effective it is.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a Seafarer, but it is the same question. There are two approaches, one is just a rectangle which gives you shade, the other is a rectangle with a triangular side that gives you more protection, Which is good if you are near trees, or if there is a lot of junk in the air, such as near a busy street or highway.
On the Seafarer, with the slant in place, you can’t stand up once you walk out from under the hardtop, you may get a step or two in a 330. If you go with just the rectangle, you can make it so that it will accept two poles of some sort in the rear rod holders, and it will double as a sunshade that you can stand under.
This is one that I sewed up last year, it is actually the rear half of a cover which I have not finished. It attaches to the enclosure track at the rear of the hardtop

Attachments

• 8B91DCEE-1D66-42B5-9F06-E032B506D36C.jpeg
    8B91DCEE-1D66-42B5-9F06-E032B506D36C.jpeg
    895.2 KB · Views: 6

Fishtales

Reaction score
It's more than you appear to be looking for, but may offer other uses of the boat. Could do one for your boat.

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a Seafarer, but it is the same question. There are two approaches, one is just a rectangle which gives you shade, the other is a rectangle with a triangular side that gives you more protection, Which is good if you are near trees, or if there is a lot of junk in the air, such as near a busy street or highway.
On the Seafarer, with the slant in place, you can’t stand up once you walk out from under the hardtop, you may get a step or two in a 330. If you go with just the rectangle, you can make it so that it will accept two poles of some sort in the rear rod holders, and it will double as a sunshade that you can stand under.
This is one that I sewed up last year, it is actually the rear half of a cover which I have not finished. It attaches to the enclosure track at the rear of the hardtop
I like the look & with the triangle sides would add a lot of extra protection. I’d be surprised if I could find one ready made to fit the 330 - I’ll save your photo & get some quotes on having one made. Thanks

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
It's more than you appear to be looking for, but may offer other uses of the boat. Could do one for your boat.
This is both a lot more than I am looking for & the $$ are a lot more than I’m willing to spend

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
You are not going to find an "off the shelf" cover for a 330.
You will need attachment points(tracks and snaps) at the hardtop and transom. It may have to clear rodholders /speakers/spreader lights. It has to be "custom". Your best bet is to contact a local canvas shop. They will know what you are talking about. They will measure and plan out attachments.
I have seen them with a rectangle to cover the cockpit that can be raised to become a sunshade. I've seen that also with zip-in side panels to close up the cockpit entirely.

PC210920.JPG

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I'd be interested in the cockpit cover as well (with the triangles - as described here) for a 33 Express. I would bet someone has a template out there which may cut the cost down. For reference, I know of a Marlin which had one put on 2 years ago (pre-covid) which cost about $3K to have it templated, cut and installed.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That sure looks nice. To bad that isn't a factory option. I have the helm cover and never used it once. Would be nice to have a cockpit cover.
Maybe check with Lee at A&J Canvas in Vanceboro in NC. They do the factory work for GW. She must have done something like this in the past?