Any do it your selfer out there

glacierbaze

I was about to say, why does it have to be marine wipers, and then I saw the dates of the original thread. Did you get wipers installed? Looks great.
Does anything other than the rubber moding hold the glass in. I think I would have been looking at doing a rabbet around the frame to support it, and some sort of adhesive caulk.

Last edited:

freddy063

I was about to say, why does it have to be marine wipers, and then I saw the dates of the original thread. Did you get wipers installed? Looks great.
Does anything other than the rubber moding hold the glass in. I think I would have been looking at doing a rabbet around the frame to support it, and some sort of adhesive caulk.

Never did install the wipers yet, still trying to find the style I want. Maybe this year. The rubber works very well holding the glass in, it a two piece system that locks over the glass and frame and haves a round locking ring that seals the whole thing together.

freddy063

Didn't see this before. Nice project. Do you still have the boat? How did it work out for you?
yes the Admiral, tell me this is the only boat I can have. So I keep working on it to make it better for our needs. the front windshield worked out very well, lot better that the plastic glass.

UCPA111

Thanks for sharing this. I am actually investigating how to remove my current windows and frames...and make new ones that extend higher. I catch the frame right in my field of vision when running.
Nice job!

freddy063

Thanks for sharing this. I am actually investigating how to remove my current windows and frames...and make new ones that extend higher. I catch the frame right in my field of vision when running.
Nice job!
post some pictures, like to see what you have and what you need to do, and I 'm here to help if I can.when I started my project. I talked to a lot of people, most gave me a price that was way above what I wanted to spend, so learned how to do it my self.

seasick

Nice job!
I had the same issue with the upper frame being dead center in my line of sight. I added an extension to the seat post. Works fine when sitting but to be honest, most of my steering is done standing.

Grady White Model
Adventure
As for marine salvage yards, check-out Portland Marine Salvage on Presumpscot St. Jim is a great dude and they’re stripping boats all the time.... it’s fun just walking through the place (with your shopping list). CT