Any idea how to correct this?

Bruinjay

Reaction score
Visually Isolated staining/corrosion to engine starboard side. Any suggested cleaning method(s) or grease to arrest the problem? Should I do anything to it at all?

Motor is a 2021 Yamaha300 4.2 V6.

Thanks!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I would get your dealer involved in that for warranty. That's not "arrestable" - I mean, you could slop it up with grease for the time being, but that motor is on borrowed time. In this case the fix is to replace it. The motor will be failing very soon. It looks like it may have an impact damage that creased the casing? But regardless, let warranty handle that.

Last edited:

dstarok

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I would getyour dealer involved in that for warranty. That's not "arrestable" - I mean, you could slop it up with grease for the time being, but that motor is on borrowed time. In this case the fix is to replace it. The motor will be failing very soon. It looks like it may have an impact damage that creased the casing? But regardless, let warranty handle that.
Agreed. After using boat I spray all over motors with salt away and then spray liberally with Corrosion X every couple trips.