Any Ideas What These Wires Are For.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
When I imported the boat the radar mount was removed. That meant the radar, anchor light and loud hailer were disconnected. I thought these wires had something to do with the radar as they are not for the loud hailer or anchor lights. When I remounted the radar it worked without these wires connected. I forgot about them until now as I am installing a new VHF radio. I have a Furuno NavNet VX2 with Radar, Plotter and Sounder. Any ideas?441539AA-5D28-4019-8431-144B46EA0429.jpeg

Rlloyd

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Spreader lights? Mine are wired up through the hardtop.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Interesting. Assuming the black goes to Negative and the red/white goes to a fuse, I would not expect them to be for anchor light because it would not be switched. Could there have been a spotlight with a wireless remote control?

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I connected them today. Haven’t worked it out yet. Further investigation needed. Thanks for the replies.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Connected to what, the fuse block? What size fuse? Red and black are common colors for VHF, maybe there was a radio up there. Looks like another white wire hanging above, do you know what it is? If not, check it for continuity with the white below.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Guessing the dome light, one for each switch?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Actually, I don't think you're going to be able to get a positive ID from us. Pretty much none of those wiring connectors match each other - which means some previous owner has had his way with the wiring... and quite a bit, too. And that means all we would be doing in guessing. You have to put on your detective hat and do some wire tracing.

With them disconnected, what DOESN'T work?

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Spreader lights and dome lights work. Spotlight and remote work. White wire hanging above id from the loud hailer which broke off during transit and I am not using.
Connected to what, the fuse block? What size fuse? Red and black are common colors for VHF, maybe there was a radio up there. Looks like another white wire hanging above, do you know what it is? If not, check it for continuity with the white below.
The black went to the fuse board. The white and red to the short brown wire above the fuse board. Looking at the cut crimp ends on both wires, this appears to be the correct wire. The other wire ends are, I think, for the loud hailer which broke so isn't connected.