Any Seafarer owners in OBX?

Lee Shore

Reaction score
I just purchased an older Seafarer 226 and could benefit from talking to other owners of the same model. I'm a retired research vessel captain new to small pleasure craft ownership.

"There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz SL500."

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
I have a 2007 226. I'm on Lake Michigan however willing to discuss anything about the boat and my experiences.

Jim

Lee Shore

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, Jim. When I say older, I mean way older, ie a 1993 model.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of pleasure boating. I would think everything you know about being a captain of a ship would apply but on a much much smaller scale. Some things you need to get use to though. Unlike a ship that hangs in Port, you get the pleasure of the boat ramp. The amount of liquor consumed is directly proportional to the level of ass-holeness of boat operators at the ramp at the end of the day boating. Jet ski operators have zero navigation skills and dudes that own wake board boats seem to have the ability to have 10 attractive ladies on board for every 1 dude with 6 pack abs. They also violate the placcard that states 8 passengers or 1900 pounds of gear. Those are my pleasure boating observations and tips.

I have a 228 and love the boat. If you have specific questions this is the place to come for Grady answers.

Reelman5703

Reaction score
I have owned a 94 seafarer since July 2009. I am on Long Island but will answer anything I can.