anybody ever install speakers in the cockpit?

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I have two speakers right next to my speader lights on my 265 Express - works really well!

Tim

GWcpa

Reaction score
Polyplanar boxes under the decks? I think they sound pretty good pointed down and they are out of sight without cutting holes in the boat.

LI Grady

Reaction score
My '89 Marlin has them in the aft corners, tucked up under the gunnels pointing down and forward. Out of the way and no cutting involved

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What i would do change those Kenwoods you have up under the t-top to JL Audio, add a small amp(75X4) and your boat will rock. No need for extra holes and speakers. By adding extra speakers the 4 OHM resistance on the speaker out becomes 2 OHM which will heat up your radio more resulting to burn.

freddy063

Reaction score
I don't have a 33 but I put my speakers on the hard top next to the radio box pointing back, there the box type with mount that allowed the speaker to move works for me. nrxt time i can get a few picture I will to post, it's not pretty. but works, 4 feet from compass.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I mounted 3" mini box speakers on the dash tucked back by the windshield to compliment 6.5" rear speakers. They are far enough away to not cause interference w/ the compass and with your hard top and enclosure should produce ample sound. They are plenty loud for my 228 w/o a top, IMHO. Posted pics in past stereo post.

bc282

Reaction score
depending on type of music and intended volume, an amp is definitely a good idea, but adding a sub woofer might do well too. You will need an amp or two if you are looking to drive all those speakers. I would use a quality amp for the speakers (don't buy the cheapest; JL is great but a bit pricey, Clarion is also a good but not so pricey), the sub amp (mono channel) does not need to be expensive just have the right or adequate power. it operates in the lower frequency range only, so hi-fi quality is not going to be heard here nor noticed that you spent oodles.