Anybody having (or know of) problems with their F250's??

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
By this friday I have to decide whether to buy the Yamaha 3yr YES program before my 2005 F250's warranty expires. So I could really use your feedback. Have any of you heard of any serious problems with these motors. In the 3 years I've had them they have been flawless and I haven't really heard of anyone else having problems. So right now I'm leaning toward NOT buying it. Thanks.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Joe-

If you consider the total cost or buying two policies, vs. what could go wrong, a lower unit, a T&T, a computer, blow a block or camshaft seal, and the worse case a powerhead, you are essentially prepaying for all of these and the better part of a power head. The chances of one engine having trouble - it could happen, but both engines, that's a very very far long shot.

So why prepay for the work? if something does happen, pay when it does. A single engine policy does make sense, but tripples are even more so a less attractive economic analysis than twins.

The other consideration, only applies if you intend to sell during warranty period, is the valve you gain as a seller. As a buyer I would find the boat more attarcative over others, and pay more for it if it had remaining Yamaha engine warranty.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback.

Bob... your analysis is exactly what is churning in my head. Two motors will cost me almost $4500 for the warranty. That's a healthy chunk of money for peace of mind... and I really haven't heard of major problems with these motors (of course I could be the first :-( ).

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
MRT... thanks. I did shop around thansk to some guys on this board. I've had as much as $1500 difference between quotes.

mronzo

Reaction score
Is this boat and engine paid for? i.e. you hold title .
If not I'd get the warranty. What could be worse than paying on the loan and not being able to afford to fix it?