Anyone ever slid their boat on or off a trailer?

Bdsp1234

Oh, just mean... my boat is sitting in my driveway. I wanted to figure out how to slide it off the trailer so I could work on the trailer or take it to a shop. For some reason, this town simply has this idea that unless you bought the boat from them or get it serviced by them, or have an annual slip lease etc.. no-one has the tools or time to take the boat off the trailer and store it for a day or two while you work on the trailer, and trailer places want me to remove the boat to bring it in. Sorta catch 22.

And, sorry for all the posts, just sorta culminating to a slow boil right now lol.... keep hitting roadblocks.. so figured to see how hard it would be to throw a few of those blocks under the dang boat :p

Not going to try it alone... but was waiting for the end of the day to go home and was curious.

And howdy Dennis ;)

R
Oh..... so you mean blocking it up while removing from trailer. Just go to YouTube.com and type in “ blocking up boat from trailer “. You’ll get full demos.

seasick

yes

Lifting off blocks doesn't take much.
I suppose you might have to turn them more to unweight the trailer springs before it starts to lift off
By jacking up using the jack under the frame rails and not the axles, you avoid all the lifting just to unweight the springs. With a floor jack it's not a big time saver but with a bottle jack, it saves most of the block, lower, reblock, jack up again repetitive operations.

barclayrl

GreatGrady Captain
I did this with my islander 268 using 1 floor jack. A bunch of wood. And finishing off with 5 legit boat stands But I have used all blocks before

CJ7Rob

Why not fix the trailer with the boat on it? You can still get to the hubs and brake lines. I once launched my boat at a marina, and they allowed me to tie it up along one of their docks. While the boat was off the trailer, I adjusted the winch stand and changed all the rollers on the trailer, took the boat out for a ride then put it back on the trailer.

seasick

That picture says it all!
Why not fix the trailer with the boat on it? You can still get to the hubs and brake lines. I once launched my boat at a marina, and they allowed me to tie it up along one of their docks. While the boat was off the trailer, I adjusted the winch stand and changed all the rollers on the trailer, took the boat out for a ride then put it back on the trailer.
To work on hubs, springs, axles, wheels brakes or actuator, you can work on the trailer with the boat on it. For repairs to bunks or rollers it my advisable to remove the boat since bolts are often frozen. Same for brake lines; if you need to replace them you need access to the fittings and mounting clips.