Anyone know the story behind this boat?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That is one clean looking Islander. But I don't know anything about it. Hope everything else checks out equally well if you go look at it.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
From the little GW knowledge that I have this boat is a lot older than 2001. I'm sure the square looking windows on the cabin are pre 1998 . The other thing GW used Yamahas long before 2001. Very easy to check the age, ask for the HIN.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
That is one clean looking Islander. But I don't know anything about it. Hope everything else checks out equally well if you go look at it.
The hull looks great. The topside however has been beat to hell in some areas and has been poorly repaired.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
From the little GW knowledge that I have this boat is a lot older than 2001. I'm sure the square looking windows on the cabin are pre 1998 . The other thing GW used Yamahas long before 2001. Very easy to check the age, ask for the HIN.
The islander didn't change windows till 2003. I'm confident it is a 2001 hull.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you pull the trigger you should be prepared to re-power within the first few years with engines that old.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
If you pull the trigger you should be prepared to re-power within the first few years with engines that old.
Am actually ok with the repower. My biggest concern about the engines would be trying to find someone that would actually want them if I repowered!
To be more specific about what I'm trying to learn more about. See my post in the For Sale section.

Reactions: Uncle Joe

Sjhopeiu

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have this model and year but mine came with twin yamaha 225s from 02 for some reason. The exterior looked almost the same and was stored inside mostly. It's hard to tell from photos how much sun damage there is but it looks to be mostly cosmetic. That's a nice asking price if the pictures are accurate. I agree a repower would be desired fairly soon here.

Good luck.

Kelly Day

Reaction score
I have a ‘95 268 Islander with twin 200hpdi. It’s a great ride and it has lots of room. My set up burns 14.7 gph with a full tank, ice, rods and 4 adults at 28mph. I have the hard top. PM me with any questions about the Islander. I wanted a center console but got out voted by the wife and I don’t care because amount of room and shade is incredible

Collector21

Reaction score
Model
Islander
No hard top and Johnson outboard are a big negative. Does it have Shore power, windlass, what electronics and enclosure all effect price. Probably about right for what it is.