Anyone paint their dash?

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
Would like to see some ideas on painted dashes. My dash has too many screw holes drilled into it here and there in the past from electronics. I want to fill the screw holes in with epoxy or something like Evercoat Formula 27 filler, sand it down and paint. Thinking of rolling it on since it already has a texture. Something close to the Grady beige or might do a blue. Let me know if you've done this, Thanks

steveditt

Reaction score
98 208 with original brown removed dash side panels had a local body shop spray paint with beige came out excellent after 5 years dash needs to be redone not sure if a clear coat would have helped with cleaning or would peel off from the heat .Dirty beige still better then that brown .

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
I read some pretty good reviews on this Wet Edge Topside paint I might try in the link below. They have Oyster White, Off-White, and Hatteras Off-white which looks pretty close, Thanks

wwww.totalboat.com

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't have any experience with that product so I can't comment one way or the other. But I've used Petit's Easypoxy many times and have been very happy with it.

If you can't find a PERFECT match... which will be hard to do... I would tape off the perimeter and use a slightly contrasting color. Basically, just paint the non-skid/textured part. Maybe a light grey as an example? Or a light tan color?

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with that product so I can't comment one way or the other. But I've used Petit's Easypoxy many times and have been very happy with it.

If you can't find a PERFECT match... which will be hard to do... I would tape off the perimeter and use a slightly contrasting color. Basically, just paint the non-skid/textured part. Maybe a light grey as an example? Or a light tan color?

Yea good point on taping the perimeter. I was only planning on painting the textured part which is where the drill holes are. I'm planning on using one of those mini 3-4" rollers, Thx

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
Painted it yesterday. Used Total Boat topside paint in off white. It's a gloss, slightly brighter than than the Grady gelcoat color.

Attachments

• painteddash.jpg
    painteddash.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 31
  • painteddash2.jpg
    painteddash2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 31
  • dash3.jpg
    dash3.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 30

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Looks very nice!

One thing I'd quickly mention... if you still have it in a stage where you can easily paint it again... do a final cot in a satin or flat. The gloss can cause excessive reflections in the glass, along with sunrays bouncing into your eyes. Hence the reason for the non-skid there. But, still looks good!