Anyone put a coffin box or similar in Marlin?

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My last boat I put a coffin box in where the auxiliary fuel tank would go and loved it. It frees up a lot of deck space. I'm wondering if something similar can be done to the marlin. I need both fuel tanks in the rig but what about off to the side? Anyone tear one down and know how it's configured? The stock fish box just doesn't do it for our fishing needs and currently have a 320 quart SSI on deck. That thing tanks up a lot of room and just looking for other options. Fish bags are an idea but like having a kill box for green fish that come on occasionally.
Thanks
Nick

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not much room down there. Between the two tanks, all you have is the bilge area and there isn't a lot of room for a cooler and access.

I've been thinking along the same lines. Been thinking of somehing that drops in a section of the walk area and maybe flares out and up to the cabin. Sounds crazy, but this is all I can come up with.

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I kind of thought if there was room someone by now would have done it and I have been unable to find anything. Where our livewell is there use to be a big fish box that went under the seat. I'm not willing to lose my live well but I would prefer a bigger longer box and a live well. I could live without the sink and tackle drawers. Oh well, I think I'm going to look into having a custom cooler made that is long and skinny. All the coolers now boast about holding ice for a week, all I need is ice for a day of fishing. That SSI cooler is great but weighs a ton!