Anyone retro fit freezer plates in their fish box?

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I'm looking to install some freezer plates in my aft fish box to help keep ice longer. Anyone done this and have a product would like to recommend? I have an 05 marlin with a generator.
Thanks
Nick

gulfcart

Reaction score
NikM820 said:
I'm looking to install some freezer plates in my aft fish box to help keep ice longer. Anyone done this and have a product would like to recommend? I have an 05 marlin with a generator.
Thanks
Nick

I did it on my 33.. The fish box was removable.. I ran refrigerated tubing around the outside of box, insulated and re installed. Put a compressor unit in aft berth wall. Works great..I also put plates in a cooler under helm seat, also works great. Here's a good company. They worked with me.

http://www.seafrost.com/

sfc

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thank you for the reply. Do you have any maintenance issues or overall problems?
Thanks

sopogrady

Reaction score
Gulfcart, do have have any photos of the project? I have a 2003 Express 330 and I don't think the fishbox is removable, but I could be wrong. Also, I would love to see how you converted the locker under the helm seat.

Alex

gulfcart

Reaction score

This is the cooler box under helm seat. Never had bit of trouble with either.

I dont believe fishbox could be removed on earlier ones. I'll have to look see if I have pics..