Anyone towing a 330 Express?

FormulaPro

Reaction score
I am looking for feedback from anyone with experience towing a 330 Express. I have a Chevy 2500 HD Diesel with the HD tow package.

I would tow mostly 4 miles down to a ramp on the James River... and the occasional 250 mile haul up to the NJ coast for a run out to Block Island (family has property on Block).

Thanks in advance,
Keith M

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That would be a load! I saw a 330 once in Marathon Fl at a gas station "filling up". The guy had towed it down from Maryland behind a F-350 I think. He was an individual and not a service.

FormulaPro

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Bob,

Did you happen to notice if the radar equipment had been removed from the hardtop?

Anyone else?

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Let me look around. I seem to remember taking a picture of her for a friend of mine that has a 330.

MRT

Reaction score
I don't pesonally tow it, but I do have my 330 transported to my property for winter storage. Radar has to come off. Also the outrigger poles need to be removed and the layback section need to be secured in the layed back position.

jehines3

Reaction score
My Marlin is 14'-1" to top of radar on my trailer. If you are getting a trailer made you could easily get one to set the boat a few inches lower, but I don't think 5-6" lower is possible. You probably need to shoot for a 13'-6" over road height. jh

ocdansar

Reaction score
I live in central fla and have owned my 33 for four years and until may of this year I trailered the boat kept it in a barn in my back yard. I got permits when I moved it and never had a problem I pulled it with a 2500 hd 8.1 gas crew cab chevy 2wd and my current truck 2500 chevy crewcab 4x4 diesel both trucks did a great job. the boat is bottom painted and in a slip now and up for sale I did keep the trailer for hurricane season. Good luck hope this helps