Anyone using Garmin GPSMAP 8610? Tranducer recommendations?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Yes I drilled them. Long story on those three 3/8" holes and a good catch on your part. I had a lot of problems with the Rule pumps on the clamshell strainers. I went thru a dozen plus pump under warranty with Rule. One 5-week trip to FL I blew up 5 pumps! Broken shafts, water intrusion in motors, flat spots on motor usually caused by tough sea weed. After talking to engineering a few times we concluded there was too much pressure on the pumps so we relieved some of that pressure. Its been working great! Took three years to resolve!

One side benefit to the three holes in the clamshells is the pumps won't airlock when backing down hard.
Hmmmm?.... thanks
I totally forgot about this.

I installed a brand new rule pump over the winter and it "popped up" when running, causing a slow leak. I have to keep the valve shut.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I totally forgot about this.

I installed a brand new rule pump over the winter and it "popped up" when running, causing a slow leak. I have to keep the valve shut.
They are a pain to get locked in but I haven't had a problem with them popping up/out. Align, press down hard and 1/4 turn to lock in to stop.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
They are a pain to get locked in but I haven't had a problem with them popping up/out. Align, press down hard and 1/4 turn to lock in to stop.
Any pictures of the finished product? I'm also looking at the 943xsv and the Garmin Fantom 18 radar for my 228 Seafarer. Thanks!

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
This is the 943xsv mounted in the overhead. I just started another thread where I'm replacing the 4210 with a 8612xsv at the helm.

Overhead bx.jpeg

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Looks good, was thinking about doing something similar on my 228 Seafarer in the overhead compartment.
The 943xsv is a bit large for the overhead box. Port side is impossible to get to. The unit is mounted on a King Starboard tray. The unit goes in on an angle and the tray hooks into a pair of screws. Two t-bolts with blind nuts hold everything in. Bit of work to do but works well.

Scot Smith

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I bought the Echomapuhd94sv back in December- Westmarine was running a sale and it beat online and I could walk away with it
After purchase I looked at transducer options - I did not want the transom mount it came with- I decided I did not need side view if I had a really good sonar pic - so I bought the thru hull that worked with clearvue for $499
I cannot give any feedback yet boat is still on the hard