Anyone with a 282 on a bunk trailer?

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I need to know what height is from the ground, to the top of the windshield.
Thanks!

Mindskew

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I need to know what height is from the ground, to the top of the windshield.
Thanks!
Mine rides right at 14’ high from the top of my radar mount with my radar removed. My guess is the mount is around 6” high so you could guess with nothing on top 13’6”.

Ling king

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Mine is just about 13' to the top of the radar. Subtract about a foot and your at the windshield.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Top of the hardtop or top of the windshield? 12' to the top of the windshield sounds too high.

Reactions: Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Do you still need a measurement? I can measure mine, it's in the driveway, but other trailers may vary.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Do you still need a measurement? I can measure mine, it's in the driveway, but other trailers may vary.
Thanks for the offer RR. I was considering a 282, but height on the trailer might be an issue.
One member guessed 12 at the windshield, but that just seems too high. I would think that would put the hardtop at 13'6". If you can get a measurement and let me know what kind of trailer it sits on, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer RR. I was considering a 282, but height on the trailer might be an issue.
One member guessed 12 at the windshield, but that just seems too high. I would think that would put the hardtop at 13'6". If you can get a measurement and let me know what kind of trailer it sits on, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

As she sits in this picture on 15k Venture, 10'7" to the top of the windshield, 13'2" with the hard top, and 14'2" with the radar. I used to be 14'6", but I adjusted the trailer bunks... These measurements taken just now with a straight edge & 6' level, no guessing.

The hitch height is at 22" in the photo. I drop it down to 16" for towing to gain a little clearance, but have to raise it for ramp breakovers to ease the dragging.20200902_173947.jpg

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Beautiful rig. Thank you for the details. 10'7" is more like what I had expected, but unfortunately about 3-4" too tall.