Anyone with a late-model Seafarer in the Pa-Del-Md area?

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My friend and neighbor down the street, is going to order a new Grady, to replace his 1994 208 (which he has available for sale). He's thinking another 208, but may go with the 228 Seafarer instead. Problem is he has never seen one, and there are no dealers with one to show; even a customer's boat, just to see. He splits his time between his house in Media, and the one here in the Millsboro, De area.

Does anyone on here have that boat, that would allow him to stop by and just look at it? Not to buy it. Not to ride on it. Just to see it. He'd travel to the Phila/Media/Delaware Valley area, all of Delaware, and probably Maryland. His other option may be to wait for the boat show or travel to Greenville, NC.

He has email at Pa. house but not De., so I'm posting this for him.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There is a1994 Seafarer for sale at M&M Boat Sales, 2010 Eastern Blvd., Baltimore, Md 21220. No affiliation here.

CWOT

Reaction score
As I said in a previous post, when is the factory going to offer a showroom or warehouse or even a grassy lot, where buyers can compare their different models. We thought of buying a new boat last spring but all we could find for comparing models was a catalog. Even the dealers at the boat shows only have a sampling. Come on, we expect to spend maybe $150,000. plus. The days of dealers stocking the whole line are over. My 2 cents, again

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'd call Dirk over at Taylor Marine and ask him to call you when one passes the yard for service. I'm surprised his 2012s aren't there yet...it's about that time.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for the replies, everyone. L.L., Mark was over here this afternoon, and I told him about your offer. He would like to do that, but doesn't know when he can, so I am passing your info on to him. If he arranges a day & time to meet with you, I'll probably go along with him.

Taylor Marine was his first stop, and in fact, he's been there a couple times. They have nothing (apparantly even coming in) to see. Since Mark lives in Media, Pa, and is not here all the time, I don;t know if it would work, if they had a customer boat in for service.

I did sent Mark a link to the Grady virtual toru, but there is nothing like seeing one up close, especially how she lays at rest, in the water. He asked me to check Beacon Light's inventory, which I will do. I think his plan, once he decides which model he wants, will be to place an order for winter production, and take deliver in early Spring. I think an order must be placed by the Fall boat show in order to secure 2011 pricing for a 2012 boat.

Thanks again for the help.

gradydriver

Reaction score
Capt Bill
My name is Hank and I work for Taylor Marine Center in our Ocean City Maryland store...I've touched bases with Dirk and he'll have a 2006 Grady-White 228 at the Milford store next Wednesday...would you like me to arrange for Mark to see it? We also have a 2010/2011 in the Dover area that Mark could also see...touch bases with me at:
hank@taylormarinecenteroc.com or
Dirk...at tmc@taylormarinecenter.com
Hank Rebach
office 410-213-1391 cell 410-603-5440

P.S. Parthery was correct we have eight 2012's already in stock just not a 228 yet. :welcome

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hank, that's great. I'll be seeing Mark and his wife at breakfast tomorrow, so I will pass this info on to him, na dI am sure he (they) would like to see them.