Anyone with a Radar Arch or Kicker on their 205?

spuddy64

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have always wanted a Grady and finally bought a used 2012 Freedom 205. I need to mount a radar arch and possibly a kicker motor. Wondering if any members have mounted either on theirs and hopefully they can share a photo. I also am looking for opinions on folding or fixed radar arch. a folding arch would be nice so I could work on the boat in the cold winter months, but I dont want something flimsy that wont last. Do I just forget being able to park the boat inside and get a fixed or has anyone had good experience with a folding arch?

Thanks in advance

Mike

billyttpd

Reaction score
Atlantic Towers may be able to help with an arch. atlantictowers.com is there website I believe but if you goggle them you will find them. Looking at an arch for my Adventure. for a kicker bracket I don't know we don't use them to much on the Jersey Shore but I have seen them. Good luck in your search.

BCLII

Reaction score
Spud, I mounteed my T-8 a couple of years ago on my 2009 GW 205. Monted it on the port side and moved my boarding ladder to the starboard. It wasnt that hard to do.

Attachments

• IMAG0300.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,405
  • IMAG0294.jpg
    IMAG0294.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,405

spuddy64

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics of your T8 setup. any chance you have a pic of your HDS 12 mounting? I was thinking of using the same unit on my 205.

Thanks

Mike

BCLII

Reaction score
Mike
I'll try and get a picture or two posted for ya this week! Cold weather currently here this week, -16.

spuddy64

Reaction score
great. I am assuming you have an LSS2 skimmer along with your regular transducer. Are both mounted on the transom?

Mike

BCLII

Reaction score
Spud
I have not gotten the touches mounted back in the boat yet for a picture to post. Too cold up here with Mondays high of 15 below. :jaw
I do have my LSS-2 mounted on the starboard side. I have a Airmar B-60 thru-hull mounted on the bottom.

spuddy64

Reaction score
so is your B-60 a 12deg. or an 18deg.?

did you install yourself or did a dealer do it. If yourself aprox. where did you drill the hole and where did you access it through?

Do you have 2 HDS 12s!

Thanks again, it is cold as crap here also. -14 WITHOUT the wind the chill today!

Mike

BCLII

Reaction score
Not sure of the degrees! Dealer installed! I will check location. It's on the port side off the keel. Will check exact location. I run a touch 12 & 7 on the console linked together. 7 for navigation, and 12 for side scan/ down scan/2d sonar.