Anyone with Helm Master?

tellch00

Reaction score
Curious to hear feedback. Would you get it again? likes/dislikes? for the docking challenged, is it really that big of a difference? Thanks.

paydaze77

Reaction score
i just got my new boat 3 weeks ago with it so i dont have a lot of time on it yet... i came from a single i/o before to twin 300's now so the helm master makes docking incredibly easy than what i used to lol..
im sure you'll get people posting theres no need for it, but i think its worth it.. all my neighbors are impressed when i crab walk off my bulkhead behind my house!

Blackbird

Reaction score
I have the Helm Master system on my 2017 twin engine boat mainly because it was included with the boat. I really can't say enough good about it for maneuvering. The joystick makes getting in and out of fuel docks and other tight places a breeze and like paydaze77 stated, it provides great entertainment for people watching. All the other features like trim control, speed adjustment and other are very convenient to have. Not sure I would have bought it if I had originally specified the boat but have never regretted having the system. JJB

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

battles2a5

Reaction score
I think its going to depend on the boat. I have it on my 330 express w/ 425's and I usually don't touch it during docking. The boat has a lot of windage and helm master struggles to fight against current and wind. I have found that I have a lot more control using the throttles and the bow thruster so that's my go-to. I do use the stay point quite a bit when I am fishing alone or when I am coming in to dock anywhere other than my home port when I need to set up lines.