Are there any differences thru yrs in the 265 Express

4Grady

Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question but can or do you ever trim your motors individually? Meaning, one more than the other.

Bill_N

Reaction score
4Grady said:
What should a 2000 265 equipped with ox 250's run up to for MPH and what is max RPM????

I think I read and old article that was done in 2000 or so and it said top speed was 44MPH with twin OX 250's but I don't recall what max RPM was. Not that 44MPH is slow but I would have thought it would have been atleast 50MPH with 2stroke 250's.

Anyone ever play with the props on this OX 250's? Ever try a 4 blade prop, say something like the Merc Rev4 or are the stock props about as good as it gets???? I've used the Merc Rev4 in other applications and have always been pleased with their added perfomance. Curious if any of you have ever tried them on these big 2 strokes.

A 4 blade prop will improve hole shot and stern lift but will usually be a little slower on top end unless you're getting a lot of slip. The best 3 blade props for efficiency and speed that I've seen are the Mercury Mirage Plus.

Salinity Now

Reaction score
Ive hit 54 with light load, no enclosure up with my 250s, it was the only time Ive ever seen 5500 RPMs on the boat

Avg WOT with stock props is 51-5200 and about 47-48mph.

Just dont look at the fuel flow, its scary, Ive seen it hit 60GPH once or twice.