Arm rests

Alligator

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 223
Any one who wants to make old arm rests on any of the chairs look new, try Rust Oleum Marine oyster white. Almost a perfect color match. Be sure to use a latex primer and get the MARINE paint. A couple of coats will make them look brand new

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Alligator, how about some pics showing the old and renewed? Have a RIB that the seats could use a tune up. Thanks

Alligator

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 223
Afraid I have already painted the arm rests with the oyster white paid. The arm rests were just old, faded and discolored . If a picture the the painted ones will help, I'll try to figure out how to upload (not very computer literate - old retired attorney who always had staff to do all this sot of stuff)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Did you do anything special for the prep of the vinyl? I assume you cleaned it well, but anything else like using a scotchbrite pad or something? What was the primer and topcoat process?

Alligator

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 223
wiped the arms down with acetone. Tried MEK in a spot but was too strong. Used a water based primer called Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 primer and then Rust-Oleum marine coatings Topside Pant Gloss Oyster White

big_tuna

Reaction score
I thought about having an upholstery shop cover them , idk how much it would cost but would be nice

Reactions: Summertop511

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I thought about having an upholstery shop cover them , idk how much it would cost but would be nice
Here is a economical way to fix the arm rests - womens beige ankle socks work great and do not grab shirts like the rubber covers

Attachments

• Arm rest Fix.jpg
    Arm rest Fix.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 15

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
wiped the arms down with acetone. Tried MEK in a spot but was too strong. Used a water based primer called Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 primer and then Rust-Oleum marine coatings Topside Pant Gloss Oyster White
Oh, this is a "topside" paint? I thought you were referring to a vinyl paint (like SEM). Truthfully, I always assumed a topside paint would eventually flake off... but I've never tried it, either!