Arrival Day!!

TooLittleTime

Reaction score
Well I finally did it! I purchased my first Grady White. Out here in California used Grady's are real hard to come by and when you do find one it is $10,000 or more higher than back east. So I decided to go on a search to find the Grady I wanted and have it shipped out here. I finally found a 1999 Seafarer 228G that I liked located at a broker in Ft. Lauderdale. He set me up with a shipper that would actually tow the boat all the way out here for $2200.00. It looked a little rough on arrival but nothing a little soap and water wouldn't fix. Here's a few pic's of the arrival.

grady4.jpg

grady5.jpg

grady3.jpg

grady2.jpg

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
Congratulations, that's a great boat . The Seafarers are very versatile . My first Grady was Seafarer also :D .

TooLittleTime

Reaction score
I still haven't came up with a name yet, I prefer to use a name that means something special to me not just a name I chose out of the air. We have a few in mind but no final decision yet.
Kind of funny though I don't think I put this much thought into naming my kids!

jaamm1

Reaction score
Great looking boat. You went through a lot for a Grady. I agree with your thoughts on the name. I did the same thing. "Mr. Vinny" was my choice do to a very dear friend.
Good luck with your new Grady

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats and good luck. My first boat was 1988 228G with hardtop just like yours. I bought it slightly used in 1990. Break out the soap and get to work! :lol:

BirdRock

Reaction score
Sweet. I know from experience it's hard to find a Grady in So. Cal. We got lucky and found our gulfstream 20 miles from home and jumped on it without any delay.

Congrats on your rig. $2,200 is not bad for towing from Fla. I had priced out transportation from the east coast to San Diego and it was more than that.