atalantic towers hardtop's anyone get one from them?

lime4x4

Reaction score
Seriuosly looking into getting a hardtop for our 86 grady offshore 24? They want 3K for one. I was wondering if anyone bought one from them and how was the fit and installation?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The top on my boat is from Atlantic. Can't find anything wrong with it and I believe it's been on there about 6 or 7 years. I do know that Atlantic has been around for a long time and I've always heard good things of them.

lime4x4

Reaction score
yeah that's what i hear also. I currently have a bimini top but would really love to go to a hard top with enclosure esp for the early spring and late fall fishing

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I think this one is the only one I have. This is an extended hardtop - about 3' longer than the typical. It's also a lightweight top (not solid fiberglass) which I guess saves some weight up top and probably keeps the boat from rocking as much side-to-side. You can still mount things, just have to add a backer or go right into the aluminum supports. Even with it being extended, I can do pullups on the rear bar and the thing still feels rock solid.

ric2352

Reaction score
Had one on my 20 Overniter for 10 years...no problem at all.. loved it. Frame work is super, the top is alittle thin, but it was never a issue. If you go with the one in this pic, be sure to get the front supports as well...not included.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 2,489
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 2,489

lime4x4

Reaction score
I'm starting to like the sunbrella top one. less weight and if it doesn't work out right i could always make a fiberglass replacement top over the winter

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Does the Sunbrella top allow for the use of side curtains/enclosure? I thought most fabric topped ones had the fabric "laced" around the edge which wouldn't seal completely?

gw204

Reaction score
My only experience with Atlantic Towers was a display I saw at the Baltimore Boat Show about 10 years ago. Personally I wasn't impressed at the time, but they may have changed their product over the years.

My recommendation would be to contact Don Battin of Pipe Dreams Marine in Woodbine, NJ. He did a custom T-Top and leaning post for me in the past. The quality and price was well worth the 4 hour pull I made to get the boat to him.

lime4x4

Reaction score
I've seen some boats with the canvas top with enclosure. it almost looks like a camper type enclosure like u find on cabin cruisers. I'm seriously thinking of going that route mainly for the weight factor. I've seen on some other sites that a boat this small could have some serious rocking issues due to the weight of a fiberglass hardtop

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I haven't seen a cloth top up close, but if the main structure is the same as mine, I don't think it'll make much difference. The actual "top" in mine is a lightweight material that is probably only a few pounds heavier than the cloth. I can mount lightweight stuff to it, but anything heavier I would either use a backing plate or go right into one of the structure pieces.

lime4x4

Reaction score
Thsi is the one i ordered today

00311WT351-1.jpg