Atlanta Boat Show

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hard to tell in todays economy how the show will be. Understand they hav e cut back from 3 halls to 2. Not sure if it will hold this year, nut last year there were alot more saltwater boats and stuff because of the low levels at Lanier.

There is a group of guys from THT going to the show on Thursday evening if you are around.

walt bowen

Reaction score
Hope it will be a decent show, and maybe some real boat show deals this year, not that I'll be in the market though, last year they had the new 336 Canyon which I was suprised due to the size and all.

Walt Bowen
01 263 chase
200 hpdi's

JiminGA

Reaction score
Bama,

We went yesterday. Boy was it QUIET! Scary quiet when compared to previous shows. GW had the nicest booth IMO (for saltwater) and they had the boats mentioned above. By the way, the new 290 is NICE!

What was interesting was the absence of saltwater boats which have previously been present: Proline, Edgewater, Pursuit, Key West, Seaswirl, Boston Whaler to name a few that were missing.

walt bowen

Reaction score
That is different, because it seems that over the last several years the Atl. show has had almost as many saltwater boats as it does lake boats. I can remember many years ago when there were only a handful of saltwater boats there.........it sounds like this years show may be similar to that. I think the reason for the increase in saltwater boats has been that so many people that visit the fla., Ala. and Ga. coasts live in the Atl. and surrounding areas. Oh well, its a cold and rainy Sunday a.m. and since I haven't found time to get down to the boat show yet, it shoud be a good day to check it out.

Walt Bowen
01 263 chase
200 hpdi's