AWL GRIP comparable colors

loafer-roatan

Reaction score
Howdy all, thinking of painting my 2006 306 hull to update the look a bit and really like the Grady White Sand color option. What is the comparable Awl Grip color? Anyone know?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Howdy all, thinking of painting my 2006 306 hull to update the look a bit and really like the Grady White Sand color option. What is the comparable Awl Grip color? Anyone know?
I painted my boat last year with AwlCraft 2000. This is a sandable and re-finishable paint that I would recommend you use. Must be sprayed. I documented most of the re-paint in this thread.

I had a difficult time finding a AwlCraft color. There is no easy way to convert a gelcoat color to a paint color. Go to AwlGrip's site https://www.mixitcloud.com/ and signup. It's free for base level. Look at colors and look for a code that begins with "F". This is AwlCraft 2000 code. AwlGrip will make a custom color but you need a large sample and it has to be sent to the plant in TX and takes a while.

My advice is to check with GW to see if "Sand White" is gelcoat or paint. If paint get the manufacturer and code. I didn't see that color on GW site. I used F8511 Brightside off-white for topside. It's a good color match for my 25-yo "Faded Grady White".

Last edited: