Babylon Tuna Club Invitational

LI Grady

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone on the south shore of LI was planning on fishing this tournament. I do it almost every year but this will be my first with the Grady.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the inshore or offshore day catagory yet (watching the forecast) but if I do the offshore catagory I'll probaby focus on shark.

Anyone have any tips, hints or warnings on how to set the Grady up for this.

For example, how many & where do you store the gaffs and tag sticks? How do you deal with the outboards when fighting a fish? Do you start the motors and spin the boat all the time? just when its a nice size fish, etc?

Thanks

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Babylon

Good luck in the tourny. I usually tie the galf poles to the hard top stantions with bungees. Everything else on the hart top, in the cabin and in the gunnels. On a big fish you will need to be on the helm running the boat. Keep a mooring pole on the boat in case a fish tries to run under the engines. I won the Bayshoe Mako 4 years ago with a 450 Thresher, no problem. Put her right through the door, any larger may have not fit though.

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I will be doing the inshore part of this tourney -
charlie tuna-

LI Grady

Reaction score
I'm going to be a game time decision...look for me at the Captain's meeting...on the dock I'll probably be smoking a cigar and later I'll be selling raffle tickets at the reception...the boat name is "Bad Influence"

Joe

fishinmission

Reaction score
Babylon tournament

Looks Like Sat is the only fishable day... And it looks like a porthole of a chance as long as the weather holds good