Backrest for over portside storage box for 2002 Gulfstream

CAPTAINERNIE

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Just purchased a new Gulfstream and unfortunately the backrest for the portside storage box that was offered on my 2002 Gulfstream is no longer available. That backrest made an off shore trip much more comfortable for the person blessed with that seat. I believe at that time the seat was made by Pompanette.
I would like to find one and install on my new Gulfstream. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 5.42.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 5.42.31 PM.png
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 17

Fishtales

Reaction score
I’d contact pomp and see if they will make it up for you. If not to GW specs would they be willing to make up without the GW logo?

If. It, see a local marine canvas/upholstery firm. They make stuff up all the time and some do work for local GW dealers. Should be able to get it made up locally.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My passenger helm seat does not slide, so I took that back rest off so that it would pivot to face the rear when trolling. Don’t want to get rid of it, but I could trace you a pattern if that would help. If it is flat enough, I might be able to make a copy out of starboard.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My passenger helm seat does not slide, so I took that back rest off so that it would pivot to face the rear when trolling. Don’t want to get rid of it, but I could trace you a pattern if that would help. If it is flat enough, I might be able to make a copy out of starboard.
glacierbaze, my boat has the seat back on the storage box behind the first mate chair also. Is that the reason there is no lever on the seat pedestal to slide the seat? I thought it was broken or removed but hadn't got around to working on it. I am still learning about this new-to-me 2004 Seafarer.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My helm seat has a slider, my passenger seat just has a mount similar to this.