Bad Headliner Cracks!!

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have seen some previous posts about the headliner cracks. My question to you guys who had them repaired is did Grady cover them in/out of warranty. And if you had dealer repair them what did it cost? Crazy to unwrap boat and see these cracks especially when we maintain the hell out of the boat!! Its 9 years old a 2006 282 Sailfish. I called Grady they said only covered under 5 year warranty. Any responses would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd be on to them again. A known issue and in my opinion a design flaw. That stuff cracks on almost every boat that is in cold weather.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My boat was 4 years old when repaired and covered by warrant. 6 years later no other issues.. I cant believe that a plastic weld can be that it can be very expensive. I never saw a price since it was warranty covered.

A-Salt-Weapon

Reaction score
I had a crack in mine (2006 282 Sailfish) and the local Grady dealer repaired 2x and when it cracked a 3rd time, Grady sent 2 repair men to fix it the right way. This was all done under warranty. Its been a couple years and now I have 2 new cracks after taking it out of storage. Now I can't get Grady customer support to call me back. The original crack that was repaired 3 times has not re-cracked but its ridiculous that a boat that costs so much money has such a poor design flaw.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Guys,

Thank you for the responses I feel that it is not due to an anything we could have done wrong. Grady should be fixing this but I will try again.

Off doody

Reaction score
I have the same boat 2006 Sailfish. My headliner cracked last year for the first time and I notified A local dealer. They quoted me $3k to fix and said grady would only supply a repair kit (free of charge). The labor was on me since the warranty ran out. I talked to Grady directly and they said it was only cosmetic and there was no guarantee that if I fixed my cracks that it wouldn't happen again. I opted to live with it instead of $3k out of pocket expense that may be unsuccessful. Disappointing!

captain swag

Reaction score
Same problem...Sounds like class action lawsuit time.