bait box plug

brodie129

Reaction score
I would like to eliminate one bait box from filling with water and use it for storage. Any idea where I could get a plug to prevent water from entering this area? It is on a Grady White overnighter (86).

brodie129

Reaction score
Is that located in the bottom of the box? Like a bathtub? I have not looked at it really close yet? I will look at it a little closer. thanks for the help.....

brodie129

Reaction score
would this be on the outside of the hull? I looked at the drain and there is no shut off there.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What bait box are you reffering to? if you are you reffering to the fish boxes just aft of the console on the walk around. I have never had water in mine and dont think water should get in them. Especially fill up. Even if they do they should quickly drail overboard. There is no shut valve there T'd between the cockpit drain and the drains in the fish boxes. You could put a rubber expandable plug into the thru hulls on either port or stb drain to prevent water form getting in if you having a problem.

brodie129

Reaction score
I did use an expandable plug and that should work fine. Did you get a replacement gas tank for your 204c? I just bought an 86 204c and am having an issue with a fuel leak. Let me know what you found out where you purchased it. I have a clue this is the original tank so I might need a new one. Frustrating yes, but better than a blown up boat.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Dont take achaxe wiht a leaking tank. I did not replace my tank... yet. Risky... mmm.... yes... and I have been telling mysefl to do it. Probably this year. Fortunatly it is not leaking and is in amazingly good shape. But yes , its 36yrs old. So, that should be enough reaosn for me to get it out. Check with cdwood, he got one for his when he did his transom.