Bang end caps

Determined

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hello all!

I have a 2001 Islander and am looking for the bang end caps..

I have givin Grady a call and was told they dont have a part # for that .. I have seen a few guys that have replaced them and was hoping maybe some body could help me out with a part number or maybe point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Call or go to your local dealer - they can sell it to you by the foot. Or by any plastic or FRP angle that you want from just about anywhere. Really, just about ANYTHING can work - it's just a simple cover. Paint to match.

Determined

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yeah i sure i could fabricate something .. but was hoping to replace them with the same molded 90 degree angle ones.

Determined

Reaction score
Model
Islander
yes I called the dealer.. and I call grady white direct as in my first post..

Fishtales

Reaction score
I believe he is looking for the termination blocks at the end of the rub rail.
Maybe check some salvage yards or businesses near you?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I ordered the bang cap end caps for my 2007 330, along with the newer vinyl bang cap. 7' in my case. The dealer had the part number and drop shipped the end cap pieces from GW. I had to trim them slightly to get the proper fit. May work for your boat, but GW may be able to send you dimensions and you could trim to fit.

Determined

Reaction score
Model
Islander

Attachments

• 20220222_175922 (2).jpg
    20220222_175922 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36

Determined

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hey Bill,

Yes im looking for the bang plate END caps. the one thats in the picture. the dealer by me doesnt have any way to order and when i called grady they said they had no part number either.

But if that look like it and if you could tell me where you got yours that would be great!

Thanks.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Looks exactly like mine. I ordered them through quality boats in Clearwater Florida. I will try to find the part number tomorrow but they were dropship directly.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you've talked directly with your local dealer and they couldn't help, try another one. Try Atlantic Marine. I've dealt with their service department a few times and they were always very helpful. You should be able to just call them and tell them your boat model/year - they can do the rest.

Reactions: mleads310

PNWVoyager

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I have new bang plate molded end caps that I can sell you. I purchased them from a Grady dealer a month ago for I replaced my bang plate but decided not to use the molded end caps. Let me know if interested.

Determined

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have new bang plate molded end caps that I can sell you. I purchased them from a Grady dealer a month ago for I replaced my bang plate but decided not to use the molded end caps. Let me know if interested.
Yes absolutely! they look like the same ones?