BATTERY MISTAKE

IFS_88

Reaction score
HELLO:
EARLY IN THIS MORNING I WAS CONNECTING THE BATTERIES OF MY GRADY, BUT A I MAKE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE, I PUTT THE CABLES IN THE WRONG TERMINAL, THE BATTERIES HAVE VERY LOW CHARGE, I AM AFRAID THAT THE ENGINE COMPUTER OR OTHER PART HAVE BEEN DAMAGED. MY ENGINE IS A MERCURY OPTIMAX 225HP YEAR 2003.

PLEASE HELP ME I AM DESPERATED¡¡¡¡¡

IFS_88

Reaction score
THE LIGHT FUNCTION BUTT VERY LOW DUE TO THE LOW CHARGE OF THE BATTERIES, BUT THE ENGINE IS DEAD, THAT IS WHAT I AM WORRIED. ALSO A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT THE ENGINE HAS A FUSE TO PREVENT MORE DAMAGEE WHEN THAT HAPPENED.

richie rich

Reaction score
Thats right....many engines have an in-line fuse right on the engine somewhere that should be easy to see and change......then get another battery that has the proper volts and try starting it again....it may not be as bad as you think if the fuse did its job.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If you paralleled two battteries together with reverse terminals, lucky it didn't explode in your face.

If you just connected one battery to motor reverse terminals, do as advised. When you fire it up and if it runs, check battery voltage to see if internal charger is not toast.

If the battery was very heavily discharged and of of the starting type, you wrecked it, time for new one.

Other than that, if it runs, run it.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks like it blew the caps-lock out on his keyboard too...

Duplicate thread in TIPS, MODS,.... as well.