Battery switch panel question

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
In the near future, I will be adding an amp to my sound system. My plan is to add the power line from the amp directly to the battery switch so it will be powered regardless of what battery I select. The panel on my Freedom is mounted in the stern.

I dropped the access hatch for the transom to take a look at the back side of the switch panel. It has a plastic protective cover held on by 2 or 3 nuts. The problem is it is right up against the inside of the livewell and very difficult to get at. Has anyone done any work to the switch from the backside or is it easier to pull the entire panel/frame out from the front? Thanks.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I pulled the frame out from the front. I have an Islander, not a Freedom, but I doubt they are different. I took the trim off, then removed the panel... be careful with the plastic (clear) cover around the wires, it is super thin and fragile.

R

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I pulled the frame out from the front. I have an Islander, not a Freedom, but I doubt they are different. I took the trim off, then removed the panel... be careful with the plastic (clear) cover around the wires, it is super thin and fragile.

R
Thanks. You just reaffirmed what my likely plan was to be.