Bay Area Fish Report

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just back from a great fishing trip!

Would like to give a shout out a great thanks fellow member Kelly a.k.a Lite Tackle for hosting me both at his house and on his boat.
He's a fisherman's fisherman. Let me use his gear, made me some great meals, taught me some Halibut fishing techniques, and best of all gave me an opportunity to catch a few nice ones!
He was so generous with his time and resources, again I truly appreciated everything he did for me. He even clean, portioned and vacuum sealed some fish for me to take home.
Hopefully someday I can return the favor.

We ended up with 5 Halibut and 1 striper for the day.

Another awesome event was meeting Joe a.k.a. JJMagg. We ended up fishing alongside his boat at the end of the day. Another great fisherman!

Hope everyone is enjoying Memorial Day. Many thanks for all those who have sacrificed that I might have a blessed life~

Pic1-Me
Pic2-JJMag
Pic3-SF Fire Dept.at Pier 41(We picked up bait right beside it)

image4.jpeg34914.jpeg20200525_062257.jpg

Last edited:

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Forgot to mention if any Bay Area fisherman want to use this to update what's happening, please add with your catch!

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nice! Never eaten Halibut. Any good?

Reactions: JJMag

JJMag

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ok
Nice! Never eaten Halibut. Any good?

Hey Russ extremely good eating fish to eat white flaky meat . Definitely in the top three fish I have ever eaten, I fished from Alaska down to Baja Mexico. Hopefully that tells you a little something.

Went out yesterday to beat the 94° heat here with Janelle for 3 1/2 hours we did extremely well.

It was great to meet you Lee, hopefully will be able to fish soon .

9CDCF105-0084-4ADF-959A-69046E269774.jpeg

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well done sir!

What are the other 2 fish that round out your top 3 for all time best eating. I always am curious what other fisherman like to eat.

JJMag

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well done sir!

What are the other 2 fish that round out your top 3 for all time best eating. I always am curious what other fisherman like to eat.
Albacore tuna is number one on my list !
And second is a tough one early part of salmon season when they are eating krill just have to be also. Bottom fish ,Cabezon ,Ling cod !