Because I have a beer and am in the shop...

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I figured, while I was being all "nice".. since that rarely happens.. lol

I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy holiday season.

An old .. hell, I guess it has to be Irish, since it sounds like it was said by a drunk person.. but an old Navy friend used to say... come to think of it, he was drunk most the time too when he gave it (no, I am not drunk otherwise I would not be able to type...

"The are wood ships
There are steels ships
There are big ships
and there are small ships
But the greatest ship of all, is friendship, and may it ever be so"

Russ

Fishtales

Reaction score
Same to you Russ. Hopefully, we will get this all behind us by spring and can get back to normal.

Reactions: RussGW270

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you all from down under. Stay healthy and safe and hopefully 2021 will be better than 2020, and Covid free will be nice too.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
This is life. We have to have perspective. We have not lost anything, we simply experienced it in a different light. A friend of mine from way back when, I tell this story a lot... he was running a company in Japan. He owed a lot of money to what we would call a loan shark. One late night, he was working and stressing and wondering how he was going to save this company and pay back the money. He got a visit by the old man that owned the loan, along with a couple of his associates.

He thought for sure he was dead....or at the very least, going to be less mobile.

The large men went to each side of his desk and lifted it, as the old man placed books under the legs.

He then turned to my friend and said, "Sometimes, what you need is a different perspective."

My friend looked down and everything was a little "off".. and over the next few months he turned that company around and profitable.

Life is all about perspective, and what we call "hard" is another man's paradise.

I have a wonderful wife, 2 amazing children, and a host of friends that I can call on if I am in need. I have a roof.. a truck.. a bo.. a lead weight of a money pit.. lol.. (humor).. but so long as I have the first 4...the rest work themselves out to shape what our perspective should and will be.

Okay.. that is enough talking. I am going back to working in the shop.

The best we can all wish for, is someone to bring us a few books, and raise our desk.

Russ

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Russ! happy holidays. Hope you get out soon on that Island you've been working on.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Lol.. @igblack87 I have been out on the boat, just have not posted much, been busy. Today, helped LSquared get his trailer lights fixed. He loaned me his trailer so I could rebuild mine. So, now.. he has his back and his lights work again.

I am swapping thermostats and sensors and working on a golf cart rebuild in my shop atm.

No shortage of things to fix, just a shortage on time to do it in.. heh

R

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Merry Christmas Russ!

Headed to Thailand for a month in late December for a business trip. Some monkey business might ensue as well ;)

Wishing you and all fellow members a good end to this year, and a prosperous 2021.