Beckson plates

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
Good morning men. I was recently checking the Beckson plates on my 282 in the cockpit over the fuel tank hatch. They were loose and so needed replacing. They have no markings on them, so I called G-W and they hooked me up with the # to Beckson.

If you need to replace the rubber "o" rings on your 6" pie plates the phone # to Beckson is (203) 333-1412 . The part # for the 6" "o" ring is ,
D6P-G, and they are about 5 bucks apiece mailed to your door. Easy and cheap way to keep salt or fresh water off your tanks :D

Fishtales

Reaction score
Beckson sells new plates as well.
I'd check out the screw-in Beckson Model to replace any pop-outs in the eurotransom area and any area where water could enter in rough weather. There was a tread on THT a while ago that attributed a sinking to a pop-out cover coming dislodged in rough weather and the waves washing over entering the bilge through the opening. Can't remember if it was actually true or not. I changed them on the 2 GWs I owned in the eurotransom to be safe.

HMBJack

Reaction score
I never liked the GW Pop Out deck plates as they were prone to leaking. I couple years ago, I replaced all of them with the Beckson screw down type in the same deck color as the originals. Now I'm bone dry underneath the deck plate.

suzukidave

Reaction score
i prefer the screw in plates also. the trick is to have a way to open them as hands will not always do it. i had a wooden dustpan brush already stowed on board my 190 and found that installing two stainless lag bolts into the head of the brush so they stick out about 1/2" makes the brush double as an excellent 6" screw hatch opener (think giant fuel filler key)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
That's a neat looking tool. I followed the link to their website to look at it some more, but I couldn't find it on their website???

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Looks like the same thing as in the YouTube link. No joy, still. Oh well, neat tool - too bad it looks like it's no longer made. I'll just make one.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
for the heck of it, contact the dealer (site owner) at www.deepdroplights.com, there is a contact tab. See if he still can get em. He might have one hanging around too.
Worth a shot.