Benchmarking 2000 272 Sailfish Prices

Jamato14

Reaction score
Considering selling my 272 sailfish and finding inconsistent numbers between all of the boat forums and apps on sale prices. I’m sure this has been discussed a handful of times before but anyone have suggestions on benchmarking local market prices by region?
Mine has full factory options excluding A/c but that was added after the fact so has everything and it all functions. Currently undergoing an electrical upgrade (30 hours of professional service), has 225ox66’s ~850 hrs each also being fully gone over but run well, regular maintenance annually this is a special 3 year mechanic review. Rigged for northeast giant bluefin tuna fishing, 2 zero degree swivel rod holders, 1 30 degree swivel rod holder, light bar off the transom, upgraded cockpit lights for night bait fishing etc. cosmetically has some dings or some 4200 showing in different spots around hardware but overall ~7/10. Canvas and cushions in pristine shape, indoor stores when not in use.
Trying to figure out the ballpark based on market wants 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k etc. any tips on pricing appreciated or sources to analyze pricing and list accordingly or understand if it’s setup too niche to move at market prices. No trailer available at this time.

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4261.jpeg
    IMG_4261.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5603.jpeg
    IMG_5603.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5592.jpeg
    IMG_5592.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5587.jpeg
    IMG_5587.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5590.jpeg
    IMG_5590.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4190.jpeg
    IMG_4190.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5597.jpeg
    IMG_5597.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5600.jpeg
    IMG_5600.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Someone had one in the Santa Cruz harbor a while back. Kinda tired looking, 2 strokes, they were asking $65K. No idea what it sold for.

Have you looked at all the boat trader web sites? I checked one, $45-$85K asking.

Reactions: Jamato14

Wild blue

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I paid 75K for my 99 sailfish with new yami 200’s and a 25 hp Yamaha kicker set up for trolling in the PNW, has new electronics, and a 2015 triple axle trailer, my wife insisted we make the change from 2 strokes, hope this helps

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Doing a really quick Google search, there are 10 similar boats for sale currently on Boat Trader that are all in the high $20k's to mid $30k's range, unless the power is newer, there's a trailer included in the sale, or maybe the seller is a bit optimistic. Depending on your location, of which it appears you're possibly on the east coast? I'd say with having 2 stroke motors, no trailer included and with the amount of competition that you have as well as the fact that I've yet to actually see the boat in person, that it would be around the mid to high $20k's range. I'd consistently check prices and see if these boats online are actually selling for their asking prices or if they've been for sale for weeks/months now or longer. Location also plays a big role in factoring the price of the boat, as lucky alluded to, a California or west coast boat is going to bring more money than the same boat on the east coast. On top of that, a boat without a trailer is likely going to deter or potentially be a dealbreaker for some people. Especially if they can get a boat with a trailer included for a similar price to what you have yours listed for. With regards to the comparison of east to west coast prices... I bought my boat back on the east coast in Maryland back in October of 2021 for $26.5k, of which I've seen two nearly identical boats sell out here in Seattle since then for $55k and $65k on the local Craigslist site.

Last edited:

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Start high and see how the market reacts if you aren’t in a rush. It’s a big boat, and there’s a limited number of people looking for a boat that size and use. What’s the condition of the transom? That will be the first question. Have the fuel tanks been replaced yet? I’d say the market has been softening, list prices are still high but those don’t seem to move as quickly. Plenty of life in those engines still. Fully operational helps. See if you can locate a used trailer to pair? Do you have a number in mind that you would be happy with? Maybe list at $35k and see if you get bites - that’s the general pricing I am seeing