bent danforth anchor and anchor guide

Grady 228

Reaction score
Sombody must have slammed my boat the other night in my slip. I found my anchor shaft bent and the guide totally twisted to the point that the front through bolt was almost ripped through the pulpit. I check for damage on other boats but couldn't find the boat that hit me and nobody came fowward to tell me. Do you think I can bend the anchor back and where 's the best place to buy the guide. It's on a 2009 seafarer. :x

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A few years back, when I had my 88 sailfish, I noticed something didnt look right on my pulpit. looked like someone coiled up my chain and left it on my bow. One of my dock neighbors said a bayliner a few boats down from me caught my anchor in his side cabin window and took it for a ride.my anchor wasnt locked in the pulpit so it freely paid out as he was motoring to his slip. His boat looked like the side was ripped open like a tin can. :goodjob ..I gave him plenty of time to admit to it but he never did. :-| ..I would tell everyone in your marina what happened and even offer a reward for info....You can bend an anchor back to form but it tends to soften the metal at that point....Good Luck

'05 300 Marlin F250's