Best boat you never owned?

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Ready, set, GO!

Now that I've slept on my own Marlin, it's a 456 Canyon for doing the Great loop. Never going to happen, barring a Powerball win

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not mine but my grand fathers. It was a long narrow fishing boat with a 25hp Johnson. Thing was made of wood and fiberglass. Rode so nice and my dad and I fished the lake in Maine for years.

Ratical

Reaction score
16ft Landau jon boat, Mom and Dad gave it to me for christmas. I wish I still had it!!!!

jgruj

Reaction score
1991 GW Dolphin 250....Best layout, wish they still made them.

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
My current boat, a 205 Freedom. I just feel so lucky to have it. To me it is plenty big enough and couldn't ask for a better boat in that size range.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Viking sportfisher, be ballin' if I had one, but that's not going to happen, so I'll just stay humble and keep my Seafarer. Maybe someday move to a Sailfish or Marlin, but I need to live on the coast for that, which at this point and time with Dorian coming, happy I live in Kentucky.

Reactions: UCPA111

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
1995 208 Adventure. Raised our daughter on that boat. Took that boat as far as Green Turtle Cay in the Bahamas. Certainly subsequent boats have given a better ride, but that boat holds the most memories.

In ten years of ownership, the only non-maintenance repair was a fuel tank sending unit.

Well, just caught the title of the thread. In that case, a Canyon 336 with AC for doing the Loop and all that space for flying a kite when I’m not.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Well, being from NJ, I have to say any Viking sportfisher. However, my brother has a place on the same canal in Pompano Beach FL as Merritt and they have been making the most beautiful luxury SFs that anyone could dream about.

Coming down off that cloud...

The Contender Fisharounds are the closest thing to a center console the I have dreamed about.
The 30' Pursuit Offshore Express is mighty fine too.

never owned the 13' Sears Gamefisher that we used to stare at in the store when we were kids.

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Having 1 foot in the 12' Montgomery Wards flat bottom my grandpa had and 1 foot in a Viking sportfisher looks odd, but feels right.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I want a 44' Calvin Beal from S&W Boatworks in ME set up for cruising and fishing.

B_Darling

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Pursuit OS 355. Or if I was to dream bigger, I would go with a big ole Viking battle wagon.

seasick

Reaction score
Pursuit OS325,, Whaler Conquest 345

Fishtales

Reaction score
10' mirrocraft with a 4ph Evinrude 2 stroke. Pulled traps, fished and had a ball as a kid and my father paid all the bills!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The best boat I've never owned is my next one! :)

But... on my list of "would love to haves"... Back Cove. Love those downeast picnic boats - made not too far from me in our place up there in ME, too. Would love a Hinckley... but that's REALLY dreamin'!

Reactions: SCW

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It was a 13 ft Boston Whaler with a 18 HP Evinrude that was for sale in our neighborhood when I was probably 13 years old. I looked at that thing every day for a whole summer drooling. Then one day my dad and I walked by it and he said "You know , I wanted to buy that for you, but I couldn't because I can't afford to buy each of my children something like that". It broke my heart but I understood.....he was feeding and clothing 9 kids on a cops salary. But MAN....that boat was SWEET! :)

Last edited:

UCPA111

Reaction score
Always had a heart for a Carolina flare on a 45+ foot express or convertible with a pair of kick butt diesel inboards. Cruising out in that battle wagon at 35+ knots just eating the waves like candy and crushing 40 knots if the mood struck me. Love the lines of some of the Viking yachts!

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Pursuit OS345

Gonna start up a Go Fund Me now!!

Last edited:

SeaVee

Reaction score
Anything made by Winter Custom Yachts works for me:
Wintercustomyachts.com
I am lucky enough to get some invites on a 61 Viking that has a 38 knot cruise and she’s an absolute beast, but those Winters take it to another level. I was next to a 37 Winter ( Ricochet) in Tortolla In November. Unbelievable!