Best cleaning products for fiberglass?

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi Guys - our 2007 Tournament 225 is starting to show stains on the gel pat even after I clean her up pretty good with soap and water and a scrubbie... Is it safe to use soft scrub with bleach, or are there cleaning agents that are a better idea? Thanks a lot for any input :)

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I use Spray Nine to remove stubborn spots....Barkeepers Friend on the nonskid.....

BCLII

Reaction score
JJV's Best! This truely is the best.

mboyatt

Reaction score
Acetone is my go to stain remover. Completely safe for the fiberglass and pretty inexpensive at lowes or home depot. I also use FSR (fiberglass stain remover), which is a paste you can get at west marine or the like. Works pretty good and is safe for our boats. Not sure about soft scrub. I believe that can leave the fiberglass chalky or blotchy, but don't hold me to that. I have never used it out of fear. Good luck and happy cleaning!

Wally World

Reaction score
On/OFF. Best product, hands down. Just need to reapply wax after use but it gets all stains off but rust, and for rust I use a product called WINK.

Reaction score
I used on/off to clean water stains too. A friend told me that The Works toilet bowl cleaner would work. I tried it and it worked just as good as on/off. You had to let it sit just a tad longer but the time i finished brushing one side it was ready to spray off and that is what I did with on/off anyway. It doesn't have that strong acid smell as on/off and cost around one to two dollars for 28 ounces . Alot cheaper than on/off. I didn't believe it would work as good but I swear it did.