Best Replacement Seats

tbyrne

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I plan to Change out the pasneger side post seat on my 1985 Tournament 190 with a back to back seat. I have been to the Wise site and others as well and was wondering does anyone have a strong preference for this application.

I would love to buy the exact Grady seats but I`m not sure you can get them. I have a call in to Grady.

Any information on your choice and why would be great

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 1984 tournament. I pulled the port post seat out and replaced it with a back to back lounge for a more comfortable ride for my wife. The key was to find a unit that had a large (high) base and a plastic frame for better longevity.
The unit I picked was a B & M lounge seat. (about $380)
I purchased mine from Overton's and am very pleased.
Here is a link
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product ... 009&r=view

I also changed out the helm seat with a Wise ladder back. It looks great and was a good fit.

tbyrne

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thank You

I was wondering if height was a big issues

How did you mount the seat ? did it come with the fasteners ?

Thanks again

andrew

Reaction score
Hey - thanks for posting this. I have a '90 Tournament, and would like to replace my passenger back-to-back seat with a new one.

Reaction score
The 16" high base sets the seat at an optimal height, providing great visibility for the passengers. I removed the old post, plugged and sealed the holes with Marine Tex. I mounted the new seat with HD stainless screws that I pick up at my local marine supply store. The compartment under the seat also provides some nice extra storage.

talonracn49

Reaction score
veada industries

I bought my seat from them. I have a 1996 192 -- back to back seat was right over 300 shipped (free shipping over 300 or something). very nice, it is marine plywood and very nice vinyl. I was impressed. I had a hard time deciding what to do. At first I got the 16" base, but that was too tall for what I wanted, so I got the 12 inch base. It looks great and seems nice and solid -- I have just installed it and not put any hard use on it yet!

They dont put a storage space on the 12 inch base -- but storage isnt an issue for us. We also opted for the extra wide seat -- and it looks perfect in the grady.

I had wanted something semi-custom -- we got navy blue inserts in ours -- and I have seen some reviews stating that the vinyl on the other seat mentioned above was a little thin for what you paid, but I have not seen or actually felt that model to decide for myself.

www.veada.com