Best transducer placement for 99 Gulfstream with single engine on a bracket

jzadroga

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hi. I'm looking at a Garmin Live Scope or a ClearVu/SideVu transducer. I was wondering since the motor is so far back on the bracket from the hull, weather it made sense to mount the transducer closer to the center of the hull. Maybe just to the right of the drain plug. It would seem that I need to be lower than the bracket for SideVu.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Generally they don't recommend putting the xducer centerline when you have a single motor. It can send air toward your prop, even on a bracket boat.

The proper place on a single is starboard of centerline between trim tab and center, with no thruhull on the hull in front of the xducer.

Thats all in the install manual.

chrisk

Reaction score
I have a 1992 24 Explorer with a single 250 on a bracket. My transducer is mounted just to the right of the drain plug - as close to the bottom centerline as I could get. Best performance and no interference from the motor.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
use a SternPad. Don't drill holes.
Worse case if you need to move from center, you just get another SternPad and use the center one for an UW light.

LongIslandGulfstream

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Just an FYI…. I used a sternpad and installed correctly as per manufacturer’s directions. Lasted less than one season before i noticed my totalscan transducer was gone… yes gone, after a trip running through clean water on a fairly rough day. I was less than happy to say the least. This is on a 98 gulfstream single motor setup.