Best way to take off the stickers...

jfmagana

Reaction score
Yes, I'm just being lazy...I'm sure this topic has been posted before, but I thought it was fewer keystrokes to just ask: what's the easiest, safest way to remove all of the Grady stickers? Most of mine are somewhat scuffed-up and looking tired (I consider it a badge of honor because it shows the boat has been used and used hard...not babied :D ). At any rate, I was thinking of taking a plastic scrapper and a low temp heat gun to remove the stickers, but I was thinking that will probably leave a residue. Any better ideas out there?

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I removed mine last spring using a cheap heat gun (not the body shop kind). Use the heat sparingly, I kept it about 1 foot away, and if you time it just right it will come off in long strips. I tried GooGone to remove the little adhesive residue but it seems that a quick wipe with acetone worked better. The boat looks much better without the faded, worn looking srtripe. I can still see a faint line on the hull from the non faded area under the striped area but it will diminish with time. I fashioned a scraper from a paint stirring stick but only needed it to get the peel started.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Easiest way is a hair drier on high. It should peel of fairly easy. After it is off clean the surface, if there is discoloration from where the stickers were, use colonite 920 on the whole hull, it will blend it in and over time the sun will bleech it back. The colonite should get it darn close to being unnoticable at all, but it will clean the hull so well that you will have to do the whole thing, not just where the stickers were. If you plan to replace the stickers, Grady dealers carry it in all sizes, just tell them what you are looking for. I think Grady's also look nice without it, or with Grady
White in the hard emblem on it, like my boat has.

jfmagana

Reaction score
gradyfish22 said:
Easiest way is a hair drier on high. It should peel of fairly easy. After it is off clean the surface, if there is discoloration from where the stickers were, use colonite 920 on the whole hull, it will blend it in and over time the sun will bleech it back. The colonite should get it darn close to being unnoticable at all, but it will clean the hull so well that you will have to do the whole thing, not just where the stickers were. If you plan to replace the stickers, Grady dealers carry it in all sizes, just tell them what you are looking for. I think Grady's also look nice without it, or with Grady
White in the hard emblem on it, like my boat has.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I really like the way your boat looks without the stickers.