Beware Boaters World

white diamond

Reaction score
Went to boaters world in Atlantic Beach, NC Saterday. Spent 1 1/2 hours looking around and picked up several items. One item was tournament fishing shorts that had MSRP of $24.99 on tag from factory. (I had purchased them in the past.) They rang up $24.99 at register (they had a new $24.99 sticker over the printed price) and when I said the sign is marked all clothing is 25% off, the liquadators told me that $24.99 was their price with the discount. I left everything there!

jfmagana

Reaction score
Amen! Those guys are a rip-off right until the end. Same thing happened to me on a deck brush I bought. One other totally bizarre thing I've noted is that they are not the least bit interested in cutting any deals. I buddy of mine went in an offered to buy all of their remaining 5/16" anchor chain (probably 400')...they were not at all able to cut him a deal so he said to hell with it.

Personally, I'm glad to see Boaters World go belly up...they sucked.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Boaters World

Did the same thing to me with the "non-discount". I left everything on the counter after they rang it up, and jumped in my truck.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Boaters World

The manager told me store personel have no control of the pricing or ability to make deals. The liguidator is controlling the pricing. He said they had more flexiability on pricing before they went under.

Apparently boatersworld.com is going to continue operating.

Sprocket

Reaction score
BW hasn't a clue

I have never found a best price for anything @ BW. While not entirely happy w/WM, they consistently beat BW prices. BW will be long gone (including their web business) within 2 years.
Good riddance!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I walked out of the location in Atlanta because of the exact same nonsense....

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The BW in the Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach area had a big "store closing sale" with guys out on the highway with big signs and all. Prices were no different than any other day except on little junk items. No wonder they are closing.
Rip off!

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I took an add for a stereo that was ogiginally $199 that was on sale at westmarine for $99 to a nearby boaters world Sat and they have the same stereo $199 and would not match the price.

Guess they will have to rely on internet sales cuz there store managers are butt heads. :!: