Big Airmar tilt FF thru hull ducers

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I guess we all have to contend with clearance issues, so the dimensions I gave were not based on a hull of free clearances.

It's best to first ask others with same boat model, since there will be some choices to make.

My Sw pickup is on the keel line, slightly to port of keel centerline, and a bit rear of the big ducer location. My former P79 in hull ducer I had was the same distance from the stern, but way closer to keel and Sw pickup and it didn't hold at speed. Perhaps because it's a low buck ducer (?).

So I moved the new one further to starboard, way further than I had to but the subfloor stringer divided the area.

There is nothing ahead of it at all, and the SW pickup is about 18 inches to port. That ought to be more than fine.

No other science to it other than using the water bag method and test it under trial sitting on the hull. I don't have the luxury to afford such time to do it.

If anyone wants to read the install instructions before commiting to buying it, you can go to Airmar site and download the same .pdf instructions in the box. If the hul is cored a bit mre work to do, don't think Grady is coring these areas.

It's just a big-ger thruhull.