Bilge area storage for Sailfish

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi - I wanted an area for "dirty" storage for things like grease, WD40, funnels, oil, etc. and got the idea for this storage box from Gary M. It sits on the stringers under the rear seat. The two larger compartments are sized for one-gallon oil containers and the smaller compartment is sized for spray cans like WD40. The dividers fit into milled slots and can be removed.

It is just sitting on the stringers at the moment - I plan to attache some starboard blocks to the stringers permanently and screw this box into the blocks.

The only problem is that I have to rotate it to get it around the gas filters when installing or removing. If I could start over, I would make it a little narrower so that I can take it out without having to rotate it.

-Scott

Attachments

• storage_1.jpg
    storage_1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 736
  • storage2_1.jpg
    storage2_1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 736

mboyatt

Reaction score
Nice work! :goodjob I wish I had space for something like this on my 192 Tournament. Storage is an issue.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
mboyatt said:
Nice work! :goodjob I wish I had space for something like this on my 192 Tournament. Storage is an issue.

Thanks - it's nice to have a separate area for "dirty" storage where there are no issues if some oil drips or cans rust.