Bilge pump

Jody

Reaction score
This is a funny one haven't used the boat for a few weeks, went to take the wife for a Sunday ride and dinner once we got out I noticed the rear bilge pump was on so I pulled over and checked it out. When I pulled the float it up it went off I drop the float it went back on I didn't have my ohm meter to check it out but what the hell my only guess is that this which took a shit. Always something. Lmao

seasick

Reaction score
Jody said:
This is a funny one haven't used the boat for a few weeks, went to take the wife for a Sunday ride and dinner once we got out I noticed the rear bilge pump was on so I pulled over and checked it out. When I pulled the float it up it went off I drop the float it went back on I didn't have my ohm meter to check it out but what the hell my only guess is that this which took a Shoot. Always something. Lmao
That is strange:) If that is what's happening, I guess the internal switch in the float has moved or come loose and just happens to be sitting twisted around.
Possibility 2 is that you boat is possessed

Finest Kind

Reaction score
This is a common problem ever since the mercury switches were eliminated on bilge pump switches.
Most switches now have a rolling ball inside the floating arm which tends to get hung up over time.

Obviously it is VERY important to repair this ASAP. Quick and easy fix, just replace them and carry spares.
Do a search on Amazon, you can buy them pretty cheap....

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I had the same problem with the stock Rule bilge pump switch. The aft pump switch was always getting stuck causing the pump to run continuously. I replaced the switch with an Ultra Pump Switch and I have not had a problem for the past 6 years.

https://www.ultratef-gel.com/ultra-pump-switches/

These aren't cheap, but they are highly regarded and seem to last forever.

Jody

Reaction score
Thanks guys replaced the float with what was there so I could just snap it out and a new one in. On the 228 your up to your waist upside down in a one foot wide opening to get to it.