Black Acrylic Hatch Cover

mdscole

Reaction score
One of the kids was trying to climb out of the front and broke the black entrance cover. Where's the best place to find these parts? There's obviously the dealer - but are there any better deals in the internet universe?

Clipboard01_zpskplxd7tu.jpg

Boat is a 1998 Voyager 248

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I got one recently from a boat that had fallen of it's trailer and was totaled. Maybe a boat salvage junkyard if there is one in vicinity?

mdscole

Reaction score
Just got word from Grady - they don't have parts for a boat this old.

These things are rare out here on the West Coast. I haven't found any at the boat wrecking yards. This is really starting to suck.

Does anyone know if these things are identical across years and models?

bird67

Reaction score
Have you considered having one made? I had an acrylic piece that cracked on my Tournament before I bought it. the PO had glued it poorly and it looked terrible. After calling Grady adn being quote $35 to replace it, I removed it and brought it to the local glass repair store (www.portlandglass.com). They duplicated it, cut it, pre-made the screw holes, and it fit perfectly. $6 out the door. Yours is obviously more complicated but I would think they could match yours, curve and all. Try it...

mdscole

Reaction score
bird67 said:
Have you considered having one made? I had an acrylic piece that cracked on my Tournament before I bought it. the PO had glued it poorly and it looked terrible. After calling Grady adn being quote $35 to replace it, I removed it and brought it to the local glass repair store (http://www.portlandglass.com). They duplicated it, cut it, pre-made the screw holes, and it fit perfectly. $6 out the door. Yours is obviously more complicated but I would think they could match yours, curve and all. Try it...

That's a hell of a deal.

Grady no longer sells the black one. They have a new one in acrylic instead of plexi that they put in the boats. Overall - they are the same part for pretty much every boat.

Yours for only $375...

I'm going to take it over to tap plastics to see if they can fab up that top part.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Check Rusty Ron's (in Norfolk VA), Great Lakes Skipper, or Marine Surplus out of Sarasota FL. All 3 of those have had GW stuff in the past....you might get lucky.

Beyond that you may be forced to have something fabricated. If you have to go that route, check with Boat Outfitters (www.boatoutfitters.com)....their work is excellent.

FundTimes

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Mines cracked for my 2001 248 voyager, any new information on these acrylic hatch doors, thank

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Try Fin-Addict Marine. They manufactured the 228 companion way hatch. I found this one on Ebay to replace my sun crazed one. Looks so much better.
20200611_202023.jpg20181111_140633.jpg20200611_202014.jpg