Blue Angels - May 24th - Severn River, MD

croixboy

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this show from the Severn River? If so, where is the best place to anchor and watch? How far up the Severn do you need to go? Never been before and would like to go this year.

~ Mike

Stonewall

Reaction score
I've been there. It is the greatest show from the water. If you want to get up into the Severn you will have to get there early. There are restricted areas and the CG will have those areas blocked off.

I usually try to stay just inside the mouth of the river. (just inside Greenbury Pt.) The Chesapeake Bay Grady White Club will be there in force this year. Feel free to join the raft up.

One of the reasons I like to stay a littl;e outside is that once the show is over, 1000 boats are all trying to leave at once. I can get a bit of a head start to get out of the way.

Stonewall

Reaction score
The Chesapeake Bay Grady White Club will have about 10-12 boats in attendance. We will be just inside Greenburry Pt. Look for the huge Grady White Flags flying from the outriggers.

Come join us

croixboy

Reaction score
I'm planning on being there! Have the day off, taking the kids out of school, and bringing the wife! Just keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. I understand the show starts at 2:00PM. What time do you think we should arrive at Greenbury PT?

Sea_Slueth

Reaction score
We always go on the practice day. They fly longer and if it should rain, we always can come back the next day.

Get there early so (10:30) you can get a good spot. They start flying around 11am on the practice day.

askibum02

Reaction score
I believe the dates this year are the 21st and 22nd. I keep my boat just North of Round Bay on the Severn, so I will stay on the Severn for this one. :wink:

Stonewall

Reaction score
The practice day is Tuesday, May 22nd. The show day is Wednesday, May 23rd at 2:00 PM.

The Chesapeake Bay Grady White Club will be there in force again this year.

askibum02

Reaction score
That's right. I am planning on going the 22nd if the weather is nice. Where is the CB Grady Club going to be?

Stonewall

Reaction score
askibum02 said:
That's right. I am planning on going the 22nd if the weather is nice. Where is the CB Grady Club going to be?

We will be there on the 23rd. We will probably meet up by the GC 1 buoy off Hacketts about 12:30 and move in as far as we can as a group.

Join us if you can.

Stonewall

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have resumed their schedule after the crash? Will they be flying this year at Annapolis?

askibum02

Reaction score
According to the Official Website, they resumed practice the week of 4/27. The schedule MAY change, but no changes were noted for the Annapolis show.

askibum02

Reaction score
Stonewall said:
askibum02 said:

We will be there on the 23rd. We will probably meet up by the GC 1 buoy off Hacketts about 12:30 and move in as far as we can as a group.

Join us if you can.

What channel do you monitor on VHF? I'm heading out of Whithall bay in the AM to do a little fishing before the show. I'll be on 68. "My Jenny"

Did anyone go out today?(5/22)