Blue Seas ACR

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hi all, my 1999 GW Adventure came with 2 batteries from the factory, both Marine dual purpose batteries (neither was a deep cycle). I just got the boat new to me last December and have not run the boat offshore yet. In my old 17 Whaler, I installed 2 batteries a deep cycle and starting battery with a Blue Seas ACR.

How many of you have installed an ACR and did you get benefit over the factory set up after running the boat? I never had any battery issues with my Whaler so I am headed down the ACR path.

Thanks

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
You might not need an ACR. Check if your yamaha has an aux charging wire going to the second battery (or just not hooked up).
Your cable to the motor would have 3 wires. Basically, a built in Isolator for charging a second battery.

Otherwise yes, an ACR is way better than switching batteries every once in a while to charge them.
WAY better than running on BOTH like many people do.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just re-powered with a Honda that replaced my original F250 with the auxiliary charge cable. No auxiliary charge cable with the Honda so I put in an ACR. I don't like it as much as the old setup. You have to believe that the ACR is keeping both batteries charged since you can't select one or the other battery with the switch and read the voltage on the gauge or the MFD. All I can see is the voltage of the starting battery.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Installed on in my 208 a few years ago, never have electronics shut down on start (use to with a low battery after long day hauling traps) Only use the switch for on and off. Also have an on board charger while its residing in its its one bedroom apartment waiting to be led to the play in the Pacific. Now that it has a new Autopilot it may be heading out on its own, I'm concerned. trapper

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was happy with the ACR performance on my old whaler, I think I will proceed with the set up. I'm usually running vhf, FF and bait tank with engine off and fishing, so I want the best charging set up as possible.