Blue stripe down the sides

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Had a few digs and in mine. Touched them up with GM Indigo Blue touch up paint from Auto Zone. Yea, up close you can see it's paint but get 6-feet away and it looks perfect. for what it's worth...

JeffN

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing mine. Too many bad spots on mine to try to repair. I did think about the paint option and it does appear to be a good one. Glad it worked out so well.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Get back to us with how that flippin' job goes. If I had to replace my stripe, I know I'd screw it up. They say use lots of water and a drop of detergent in a spray bottle. Try putting it on dry and your screwed.

Workdog

Reaction score
I'd buy the liquid expressly made for that purpose (as a matter of fact, I did buy the stuff when I redid my tapes). Why take a chance on screwing up a 25-30' long strip of not so inexpensive tape? Before you pull the old tape off, draw a line in pencil along one edge of each of the tapes. A lot of the pencil will still survive the cleaning of the old tape residue. After the new tape is on and dry, you can get rid of the rest of the pencil with some wax.

SteveS

Reaction score
Your local Grady dealer parts dept. will sell various stripes by the foot. Cut out the damaged part of the stripe, clean the surface and replace with a new piece of the stripe. I just did it on my Grady and it seems like new again.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Wow, very cool. My truck is indigo blue, and I would have never guessed it was the same color at the Grady stripe. Go figure. In the sun can you tell the touch up paint is metallic?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Touch up is not metallic. For that matter I don't think they do touch up paint in metallic. Your truck's a Chevy right? It's a GM color.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Tucker said:
Touch up is not metallic. For that matter I don't think they do touch up paint in metallic. Your truck's a Chevy right? It's a GM color.

Yep Chevy truck. The touch-up paint I have for it is metallic.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Why touch up, or replace the stripes at all? Take em off!
"I think she looks better naked".

I'd post pics of my boat to show her off, but forgot how.... :?

But click here and scroll down a bit, and there are pics of my "Naked Lady"
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13464