Boat Cover for 208 Adventure in Driveway

Reaction score
Interested to see if anyone has photos or suggestions for a simple and quick full boat cover for a 208 Adventure 2004 that will be moored in the driveway this season on its trailer. I am looking for something to keep sun off and leaves out as much as possible and be easy to remove to use boat. Specifically interested in what may have worked to keep water from puddling that can also easily be removed for use during the boating season.

Boat did not come with a helm cover....if anyone has one that will fit a 2004 208 Adventure I am interested.

Lastly any idea on where I could find the cabin cushion that goes over the open area over the cabin drain in front of porta potty. Mine came with the two sides and one center piece directly over the porta potty only.

Thank you

RBallou

Reaction score
I have a 208 Adventure and got a well-fitting full cover from Boaters World online. It is Taylor Made--a good manufacturer. The price was considerably less than other sources such as West Marine.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I bought a cover for my 208 from Boat Covers Direct...was Sunbrella and fit perfectly. At the time, it ran about $600 or so, if I recall.

It also tore, and I sent it back. They repaired it and returned it to me within a week under warranty.

I'd recommend them again. http://www.boatcoversdirect.com

Average Joe

Reaction score
I have a Taylor Made semi-custom fit cover. It's light weight (~6oz fabric) and does a good job. I think it was around $350.00

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses does anyone have a reccomendation as to how to build a framework (if necessary) for daily use of such a cover

Reaction score
Daman858 said:
Do you have a hardtop? If so, makes a big difference in style and price.

I do not have a hardtop. Thanks for asking. I forgot to mention that. :-|

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Adventure208MA said:
Thanks for the responses does anyone have a reccomendation as to how to build a framework (if necessary) for daily use of such a cover

You probably won't need one. However, if you wanted to provide extra support for the aft part of the cover, a PVC pipe with a cap and some velcro on both the cap and the inside of the cover will do the trick.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i bought one of the standard Taylor covers for my 204C and it fits perfectly.

You will probably not need a frame but when I have left mine for a longer period and wanted to make sure the water did not collect, I came up with a simple solution. I tie a rope to the bow cleat with a loop in the end. I bring it back to just over the windshield. I take another rope and tie one end to the aft port cleat and one to the aft starboard cleat. You need about a 15' to 20' length of rope. Then I take a ratcheting nylon cargo strap and put one hook though the eye in the bow rope and one hook about midway on the stern rope (setup like you would a ski bridle). Then ratchet the strap down tight pulling the two ropes together. Makes a ridge line to lay the cover over and then strap the cover down tight.

Reaction score
Bob's Cay said:
i bought one of the standard Taylor covers for my 204C and it fits perfectly.

You will probably not need a frame but when I have left mine for a longer period and wanted to make sure the water did not collect, I came up with a simple solution. I tie a rope to the bow cleat with a loop in the end. I bring it back to just over the windshield. I take another rope and tie one end to the aft port cleat and one to the aft starboard cleat. You need about a 15' to 20' length of rope. Then I take a ratcheting nylon cargo strap and put one hook though the eye in the bow rope and one hook about midway on the stern rope (setup like you would a ski bridle). Then ratchet the strap down tight pulling the two ropes together. Makes a ridge line to lay the cover over and then strap the cover down tight.

sounds like a great idea Thank you

Biscayne208

Reaction score
This is what I have on my 208. Works great. Custom made. and I also had the cabin filler cushion custom made

Gradyupgrades005.jpg

Gradyupgrades003.jpg

Removable Straps were installed for when she is in the slip....

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

Reaction score
Biscayne208 said:
This is what I have on my 208. Works great. Custom made. and I also had the cabin filler cushion custom made

Gradyupgrades005.jpg

Gradyupgrades003.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

Thanks for the reply I can't seem to see the photos I think you are referring to

Reaction score
Biscayne208 said:

Gradyupgrades005.jpg

Gradyupgrades003.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg
That is an incredible cover....don't have to worry about sun fade or anthing really nice. thanks for sharing the photos :wow